** 35mm print of Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA discovered: A newly discovered uncut 35mm Italian print of the film is about to make its way around the country. Recently acquired by the Chicago Cinema Society, this 35mm print of the original Italian cut of the film appears to have been relatively untouched since the film's original release 40 years ago. Click here for more details!
** SLITHER Blu-ray: James Gunn's film is coming out as a deluxe Collector's Edition Blu-ray on August 1st, 2017 from Scream Factory.
- New Audio Commentary with writer/director James Gunn and actors Nathan Fillion and Michael Rooker
- New The Genesis of SLITHER an interview with writer/director James Gunn
- New The Other MacReady an interview with actor Gregg Henry
- Audio commentary with James Gunn and Nathan Fillion
- Deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary by James Gunn
- Visual Effects: Step by Step
- Slithery Set Tour with actor Nathan Fillion
- The Sick Minds and Slimy Days of SLITHER
- Brewing the Blood How to Make Blood
- Bringing SLITHER's Creatures to Life
- Lloyd Kaufman's Video Diary
- Gag Reel
- Who is Bill Pardy? featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
** DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT Collection: BrinkVision is releasing the DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT Collection on Blu-ray July 11th. It includes for the first time in HD the original 1973 cult classic DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT and the critically acclaimed sequel DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT 2.
- Audio commentary by Tony Brownrigg (son of the late S.F. Brownrigg) for both films
- Behind the scenes featurette for DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT 2
- Limited edition booklet featuring articles on DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
- Limited Edition Slipcover with new artwork
** Stephen King's IT R-rated: New Line and Warner Bros. Pictures' new film adaptation of Stephen King's iconic monster novel has received an official R-rating by the MPAA just as expected as director Andres Muschetti and producers have mentioned several times in the past that they were shooting for an R.
The rating has been handed out for "violence/horror, bloody images, and for language." The book famously includes plenty of dark material cut from or toned down in the previous TV adaptation, that shouldn't be the case here bar the infamous teen gang bang scene which won't be included.
----- June 22, 2017 -----
** SAW LEGACY - JIGSAW: Coming to theaters on October 27th. The upcoming sequel now has a new title, JIGSAW. It fittingly comes seven years after SAW THE FINAL CHAPTER, will star Laura Vandervoort and Hannah Anderson. Additional cast members have yet to be confirmed, but given the title change it's a safe bet that none other than Tobin Bell will return as the titular villain. The feature was shot mostly in secret last fall. All seven previous films have a combined worldwide box office gross of $870 million. (thanks to ComingSoon.net)
** BEYOND THE DARKNESS: Joe D'Amato (real name Aristide Massaccesi) film is coming to DVD on July 25th from Severin Films.
- Joe D'Amato: The Horror Experience
- The Omega Woman: Interview With Actress Franca Stoppi
- Sick Love An Interview With Actress Cinzia Monreale
- Goblin Reborn Perform Buio Omega Live 2016
- Locations Revisited
- English & Italian Audio
- English Closed Captions
(thanks to ComingSoon.net)
** ANNABELLE CREATION: Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a doll maker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home. They soon become the target of the doll maker's possessed creation, Annabelle.
----- June 19, 2017 -----
** Oats Studios Volume 1 RAKKA: Here's the first short film from Neill Blomkamp's new studio, featuring Sigourney Weaver!
** HAPPY DEATH DAY trailer: Here's the full trailer for the upcoming film from Universal and Blumhouse, in which a college student (Jessica Rothe) relives the day of her murder with both its unexceptional details and terrifying end until she discovers her killer's identity.
** SHARKNADO 5 GLOBAL WARMING: Here's the teaseer trailer.
** MIDNIGHTERS: Midnight, New Year's Eve: when all the hopes of new beginnings come to life except for Lindsey and Jeff Pittman, whose strained marriage faces the ultimate test after they cover up a terrible crime and find themselves entangled in a Hitchcockian web of deceit and madness.
----- June 16, 2017 -----
GOREZONE is 19 years old!
19 years ago, the Internet was totally different. There was no Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter, no Smartphones... actually most people had never "surfed" the world wide web. Back in June 1998, I decided to start GOREZONE because of the lack of coverage for the horror genre on the Internet. There was tons of sites dedicated to STAR WARS and STAR TREK, yet apart from a few good horror sites such as HorrorMovies.com and HouseofHorrors.com, the net was leaving me wanting for more. GOREZONE was born as the first web site dedicated to daily horror news. 19 years later GOREZONE is still alive, independant and true to its original concept. We never sold out. Never gave up.
I would like to thanks everyone who took the time to read, talk or promote the site, I really appreciate it. Keep horror alive!
----- June 15, 2017 -----
** THE CONJURING spinoff CROOKED MAN: The malevolent character, played by Javier Botet in THE CONJURING 2, takes his name from an English nursery rhyme: "There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile. He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile. He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse, and they all lived together in a little crooked house."
This will be the third spinoff from THE CONJURING, following ANNABELLE and THE NUN. So far, the films released earned a combined $895 million worldwide with a combined budget of just $66.5 million across the three films. (thanks to ComingSoon.net)
** FLATLINERS: Five medical students, obsessed by the mystery of what lies beyond the confines of life, embark on a daring and dangerous experiment: by stopping their hearts for short periods of time, each triggers a near-death experience giving them a firsthand account of the afterlife. But as their experiments become increasingly dangerous, they are each haunted by the sins of their pasts, brought on by the paranormal consequences of trespassing to the other side. In theaters September 29.
** DAWN OF THE DEAF: When a strange sound wipes out the hearing population, a small group of Deaf people must band together to survive.
** ASH VS EVIL DEAD Season 2: The critically acclaimed horror series arrives on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD August 22 from Lionsgate. This season roars back into action with Ash leaving his beloved Jacksonville and returning to his home town of Elk Grove. There, he confronts Ruby, only to find that she too is now a victim of evil and in need of Ash's help. The former enemies have to form an uneasy alliance to give them a chance of success as Elk Grove soon becomes the nucleus of evil.
- Audio Commentaries
- Season 2 First look
- "Inside the World of Ash vs Evil Dead" Featurette
- "Up Your Ash" Featurette
- "Women Who Kick Ash" Featurette
- "Puppets Are Cute" Featurette
- "Dawn of the Spawn" Featurette
- "Bringing Henrietta Back" Featurette
- "The Delta" Featurette
- "How to Kill a Deadite" Featurette
- Fatality Mash-Up
** LITTLE NIGHTMARES: The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Joe and Anthony Russo are developing a LITTLE NIGHTMARES series, based on the recent video game from Tarsier Studios and Bandai Namco Entertainment. What's more, they have THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS director Henry Selick set to helm the pilot episode (and potentially additional episodes as well).
LITTLE NIGHTMARES presents a grim shadow-filled adventure through an interactive storyline, outstanding sound design, and a unique art-style that is sure to deliver eerie chills and goosebumps. Players will discover that Little Nightmares blurs the lines between dreams and nightmares as they explore The Maw in an effort to escape its nightmarish confines. (thanks to ComingSoon.net)
** BEHIND THE SIGHTINGS: They were investigating creepy clown sightings. This is what they found... Behind The Sightings.
----- June 13, 2017 -----
** HAPPY DEATH DAY: From Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions, HALF DEAD has been retitled and will be released on the thriller's previously-announced date: Friday, October 13, 2017.
** TSUANMBEE: After a catastrophe strikes Los Angeles, survivors face an even greater threat, thousands of giant killer bees, ushering in the end of the world!
** THE EVIL WITHIN 2: Here's the trailer for the upcoming horror video game. You are Detective Sebastian Castellanos and at your lowest point. But when given a chance to save your daughter, you must enter a world filled with nightmares and discover the dark origins of a once-idyllic town to bring her back. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around you. Will you face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive? This is your one chance at redemption, and the only way out is in.
----- June 12, 2017 -----
** CHILDREN OF THE CORN Blu-ray: Based on a short story by Stephen King, CHILDREN OF THE CORN is a horror classic that has spawned multiple sequels and imitators, but none as harrowing as this masterpiece of horror.
A young couple travelling cross-country find themselves stranded in the small town of Gatlin, where they meet a mysterious religious cult of children. With no adults in sight the terror brews as the new arrivals find the secrets of the prospering corn fields and the children who inhabit them. Led by the mysterious Isaac and the unhinged Malachi the blood-curdling secrets of the children of Gatlin are soon revealed to their new 'outlander' guests. Release Date: 19 September
Special edition contents:
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Mono and 5.1 Audio Options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with John Sullivan of childrenofthecornmovie.com and horror journalist Justin Beahm
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- It Was the Eighties! an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
- Return to Gatlin brand new featurette revisiting the film's original Iowa shooting locations
- Stephen King on a Shoestring an interview with producer Donald Borchers
- Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
- Feeling Blue an interview with the actor who played "The Blue Man" in the fabled excised sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- First pressing: Collectors booklet featuring new writing in the film.
** AMERICAN GUINEA PIG THE SONG OF SOLOMON: Mary witnesses the brutal suicide of her Father. His death unleashes the savage forces of demonic possession in his daughter. The End of Days is upon the world, famine, drought, looting and chaos is ripping the world apart and the Catholic Church is trying to save an innocent soul from the ravages of satanic possession. Wave after wave of holy men are sent to confront the possessed but what is the Holy Church actually doing? The City on Seven Hills is working on the Second Coming of Christ but before He comes back the Antichrist must rule for seven years. The Song of Solomon's true nature is to unleash an evil the world has been waiting for since the beginning of time.
----- June 11, 2017 -----
** DiabolikDVD is GOREZONE.NET official sponsor!
They now have a new and better web site for you to order the latest and best films on DVD and Blu-ray