GOREZONE Forum Index

<  Video Games, Comics, Animation & Toys  ~  Coolio in BATMAN

Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 40518 Location: Bronx 1990
Twenty years on and the pain of the failure of Joel Schumacher’s “Batman and Robin” still lingers. The icy puns, the Uma Thurman overacting, the neon, the camp – it was all too much and not enough.

We known for many years that had it been successful enough to warrant the proposed sequel “Batman Triumphant,” Schumacher wanted to go much darker and more serious with The Scarecrow to serve as the main villain and Harley Quinn as a secondary antagonist.

Turns out though that, at one time, rapper Coolio was promised the main villain role – a promise that led him to appear in one scene in “Batman & Robin” as a villain known as Banker (basically Coolio as himself with dollar bills taped to a jacket).

Speaking with the Burleson Star (via Heat Vision) this week, Coolio revealed he only agreed to cameo as Banker because he was told he could play the villain in the next movie:

“Batman & Robin was the only Batman that didn’t make money. I’m still sore about that a little bit, cause the only reason I did that part is because they promised me the villain part in the following Batman, which they didn’t do, because Joel Schumacher – they fired him. […] He was supposed to do the two next ones. He and I didn’t get along that good anyway – I mean he made a terrible Batman movie. But the next villain was supposed to be The Scarecrow. They didn’t do it though. Maybe one day. I’m sure they won’t come calling, though.”

Schumacher revealed back in 2015 he had wanted Nicolas Cage for the role of The Scarecrow/Dr. Jonathan Crane in the film which would also have included fear toxin-induced cameos by all the former villains. It was even rumored at one point that Robin would be killed off early in the proceedings and this would drive part of the story.

The Scarecrow eventually made his big screen debut in 2005’s “Batman Begins” where he was played by Cillian Murphy.

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net