GOREZONE Forum Index

<  European Cinema  ~  SUSPIRIA remake take 3

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41167 Location: Bronx 1990
James Morton wrote:
Not a fan of Radiohead
The music will nowhere be as good as Goblin

Not a fan either. And it will NOT compare to Goblin, thats for sure.

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
While filmmaker Luca Guadagnino will be nabbing more accolades in coming months for his romantic drama CALL ME BY YOUR NAME, the director has already shot his immediate next project and is still tweaking it in post-production. That project? The remake of Dario Argento's iconic horror classic SUSPIRIA .

Beyond that, it remains under tight wraps. Speaking with Allocine (via The Playlist) this week, Swinton explained her decision to star in the film and says that Guadagnino has come up with a fresh take on the material: "It's another version, not a remake. It's important to say it because we are ardent admirers of the film of Dario Argento, and it is impossible to [remake] this film. I accepted [it] because it will be a completely different movie! It's inspired by the same story, but it goes in different directions.

It's semantics, of course, but I think people really have to understand that this is not a remake, because the word 'remake' gives the impression that we want to erase the original, and the opposite is what [we're trying to do]. It's going to sound a bit grandiloquent, but it's like when Francis Bacon [painted] 'Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X.' This is not a remake of Velazquez. It's the biggest compliment, because it's like saying to the original: 'You inspired us with these ideas, not because you failed, but because it was strong enough [that we can take it away] and work in a different space.'"

So essentially it's not a remake so much as a reimagining inspired by the original and one that will likely be very different to the Argento classic. The film is targeting a release sometime in 2018.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 am Reply with quote
Shot earlier this year, the new take of Dario Argento's iconic original 1970s Italian film has people curious and concerned. Luca Guadagnino is not an obvious choice for the material, but his superb ability to stylishly paint sensory portraits with his scenes makes him a fascinating one. In a new interview with Criterion, the helmer says he's still got a few more months of post-production work to complete before the film is done:

"I have three months until I finish it. It's a very special film, and I'm proud of it. I wonder all the time how people will react to it, being that it is based on a masterpiece. I often find myself in the position of saying 'Oh, it's ridiculous!' when I hear stories that they want to remake a movie like 8 1/2, so I don't know if I'm going to be served the same dish.

I can say that my SUSPIRIA is a very personal film; it's like oxygen to me. When I saw the original movie thirty-two years ago, the emotion I felt was so strong, so mind-blowing, and so important to my upbringing. I wanted to investigate the experience I had watching that film."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
Really dont know about this one... will it get a proper theatrical release?