GOREZONE Forum Index

<  TV  ~  THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT TV series

Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 42025 Location: Bronx 1990
In an interview with the Diminishing Returns movie podcast, co-director Eduardo S. revealed that THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT would be finding a new home on cable/streaming. Here's what he had to say: "For us, it's a very natural thing to go and say, 'Hey, let's do a frickin' Blair Witch show. You can say it's from the original creators and we can bring in a whole bunch of interesting directors to direct episodes."

Of course, the logical follow-up questions would be about the format. Will the series serve as a prequel or sequel to the films? Will it be an anthology series per episode or per season? Will it be filmed in standard format, or in the "found footage" format that the original film made popular again?

While definitely in favor of a move to television, he was purposefully cautious with his answers; making sure to keep them vague this early in the development process: "Well, you know, I can't really discuss. I think that the idea of a Blair Witch anthology has always been very just a really interesting thing. You're close. You're in the ballpark. You know, and I think it might be one of those things that might be you know the more you think about it, you're like, 'That might be the perfect a TV show.' You know? So, we'll see what happens, but I think that's the next big thing for Blair Witch. Probably TV."

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 42025 Location: Bronx 1990
Lionsgate is actively developing the BLAIR WITCH property for a TV series for their new project, Studio L. Studio L Executive Vice President Seth Laderman said in a statement:

"In today's fast-changing media landscape, Lionsgate is committed to creating and distributing various types of content for next generation audiences with some of the most exciting creative voices and innovative partners in our industry. The projects announced today signal our commitment to finding stand-out material, incubating new talent, and delivering authentic storytelling. We will also continue to cultivate and foster fresh opportunities with existing Lionsgate properties, all built around Studio L's low-risk, high-reward distribution model."

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net