GOREZONE Forum Index

<  Video Games, Comics, Animation & Toys  ~  CAPTAIN AMERICA The Movie Official Thread

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 42147 Location: Bronx 1990
Dancing Stevie Richards wrote:
Out of all the comic book movies in production or in talks to be in production, this is the one I'm MOST excited about! I don't want to wait 2 months!

We're almost there...

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
It looks like Bucky may just be sticking around for longer than Steve. On the heels of Chris Evans revealing his six-picture contract with Marvel, Sebastian Stan has confirmed to Newsarama that his deal is for nine films.

On one hand, that deal is pretty standard, at least for the “supporting” players in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it makes sense that the actors playing the titular heroes will have more room to renegotiate more often, but with Evans only contracted to three more films after Avengers: Age of Ultron – one being Captain America 3, and then probably Avengers 3 and then… is that it? Maybe one more film to hand the mantle over?

As we know, Bucky does become Captain America for a while in the comics. And if you’ve already got Stan under contract, this is looking like a big possibility, right? And the actor doesn’t exactly seem taken aback by the potential to go in that direction when asked:

Newsarama: Sebastian, you started off playing Bucky Barnes in the first movie, who became the Winter Solider in the second. In the comics, Bucky became Captain America for a while. Is this going to happen with you?

Sebastian Stan: I don’t know! [laughs] They don’t tell me anything. That’s just the truth.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER

While Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world. A new enemy resurfaces from his past… the Winter Soldier. Meanwhile S.H.I.E.L.D. has seen better days.

Marvel have done it again! Another great film in their cinematic universe. This is the perfect follow-up to CAPTAIN AMERICA THE FIRST AVENGERS and THE AVENGERS. It nicely ties in everything. It stays true to the comic book version while updating some of the characters and events. There are lots of cool little details for the fans and its big in action and spectacle!

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER Scores $96M Opening Weekend!!!

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
SPOILERS!

With "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" now out worldwide, it's time to talk about where the Marvel Cinematic Universe goes from here following the events of that film.

SPOILERS AHEAD - DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER"

Whilst doing press rounds for the film, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige answered some spoiler-related questions and his answers are now being published following the release of the film in North America.

First up - the name dropping of Stephen Strange (aka Doctor Strange) as a target of Project Insight. Asked about the reference, Feige tells Crave Online:

"Well, 'we' know what it means and where we want to head with it, but we were comfortable with keeping it in there and leaving it in there because there are a few different ways to interpret it.

The whole thing, what Agent Sitwell's saying is, this algorithm is going to predict if you're going to become a problem for Hydra or not. So you don't have to just be Tony Stark, actively plotting to save the world. You could be a kid whose SAT scores and whose essays have indicated that you're going to be a problem one day.

So is Stephen Strange the Sorcerer Supreme? Probably not at that point. Is he an unbelievably talented neurosurgeon who's opinionated and kind of arrogant? Probably. That might put him on the list."

Then there's the question of where is Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) which a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent actively asked in the film. We'll get the answer to that in next year's "Avengers: Age of Ultron":

"We will discover, later, the answers to that question. But it really came down to how many players can you have on the field at this time? We really wanted to bring in Falcon, we really wanted to team [Captain America] up with Black Widow, we really wanted Fury to have more of a part than he's ever had in any of the other movies before. We wanted, ever so briefly, to introduce Sharon Carter. And we had a fun place for Maria Hill to be involved.

So we didn't want to just have, 'Hey, I'm Hawkeye! Hey, I'm Iron Man!' We want to avoid the brief cameos of the week. Not every character from every movie is going to be in Avengers: Age of Ultron, for sure. But Joss (Whedon) is excited and, for the characters you haven't seen since the first Avengers - like Hawkeye, like Hulk - there's a reason for that, and that gets showcased quite prominently in Avengers: Age of Ultron."

Then of course, there's the biggest change of the entire film - the dismantling of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the wake of its infiltration by H.Y.D.R.A. - which will have a major impact on both the TV series and "Avengers: Age of Ultron":

"One of the first people I ever pitched that idea to was Chris Evans, on the set, on the very last day of production of Avengers 1... The TV show didn't exist when we were starting this. But they were well aware of what was happening, because I said 'This is what we're doing.'

The other thing that we thought would be fun was using this to change the dynamic for The Avengers, so that the safety net - if you can call it that - of a giant government organization with massive resources, of which they were just sort of the front, or the A-Team at the head of that organization... take all that away. So when they come together in the next movie it's just them."

Finally the end credits scene where its suggested Baron Von Strucker has been using Loki's sceptre in experiments that have killed all but a pair of twins (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch) who survived and scored their super powers from it in the process. It has been speculated that the stone in the sceptre is actually one of the infamous Infinity Stones. Feige says:

"Well, it's certainly pure speculation at this point. I'm not even sure if we even recognize Loki's scepter [as an Infinity Stone], but that's a big hint as to what will be causing them trouble in the next movie."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/670837-kevin-feige-interview-captain-america-the-avengers-2-and-dr-strange

Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Marvel has now officially confirmed that report the other week that "Captain America 3" is currently targeting a May 6th 2016 release - the same day as Warners' much-hyped "Batman vs. Superman".

The film's screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely also recently spoke with Collider and say that the film is a bit further along than you may have thought.

Though still in the early days of the script, the pair have been working on the project since late last year. Ideas are being thrown around and tested, and it's "coalescing into the movie it's supposed to be". They've also read Joss Whedon's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" script and are happy with where Captain America is when the film ends.

At present, they don't know how big of a role the Winter Soldier will have in the third film and they want to make sure no-one overshadows the Captain himself. They've also deliberately setup some threads in 'Winter Soldier' that they intend to continue on with.

Dancing Stevie Richards
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Mad Scientist Joined: 15 Nov 2006 Posts: 1880 Location: sorta Pittsburgh
Arc-Vile wrote:
Marvel has now officially confirmed that report the other week that "Captain America 3" is currently targeting a May 6th 2016 release - the same day as Warners' much-hyped "Batman vs. Superman".

The film's screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely also recently spoke with Collider and say that the film is a bit further along than you may have thought.

Though still in the early days of the script, the pair have been working on the project since late last year. Ideas are being thrown around and tested, and it's "coalescing into the movie it's supposed to be". They've also read Joss Whedon's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" script and are happy with where Captain America is when the film ends.

At present, they don't know how big of a role the Winter Soldier will have in the third film and they want to make sure no-one overshadows the Captain himself. They've also deliberately setup some threads in 'Winter Soldier' that they intend to continue on with.

Awesome! Captain America is my favorite hero of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so I'm totally ready for more of Cap and friends!
Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Dancing Stevie Richards wrote:
Arc-Vile wrote:

Awesome! Captain America is my favorite hero of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so I'm totally ready for more of Cap and friends!

Well the third one is already confirmed!

Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote
In March came word that both Disney/Marvel's "Captain America 3" and Warners/DC's "Batman vs. Superman" were vying for the same May 6th 2016 release date.

Last month, Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said he had no intention of moving 'Batman' off that date and losing this game of release date chicken.

Now, during Walt Disney Company's quarterly earning stockholders call yesterday, Disney CEO Bob Iger says he ain't backing down either. Variety's Marc Graser, who was covering the call, tweeted:

"Disney will hang on to the May opening slot for Marvel's movies with Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America 3 in 2016"

Iger also said "Frozen" is now one of Disney's top five franchises and they’re "developing some concepts around" it at theme parks.

Iger's also seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" and says: "I'm not going to predict we have another 'Avengers' on our hands but that's certainly a goal."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D.

Marvel Studios have announced a September 9th release date for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D. The film will also be available for digital download via Disney Movies Anywhere on August 19th.

Bonus features include making-of featurettes, audio commentary, never-before-seen deleted scenes, bloopers, and more. Oddly there's not a listing for a new Marvel One-Shot short film, something that has been attached to the various previous Marvel Blu-ray releases.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Captain America 3

One of the more bizarre rumors earlier this year came during the press rounds for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". A throwaway comment from screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely led to stories being published assuming that the villain for the third film will be an evil version of Captain America.

In the comics, there was a story arc in which a different man is injected with the super serum to take over the Captain's responsibilities after he's lost in the Arctic. The treatment has psychotic side effects, so he's eventually placed in suspended animation and later revived in an attempt to kill The Falcon.

Earlier today, Markus and McFeely finally put the speculation to rest, telling CBM that the third "Captain America" film has no plans to go all "Superman III" on us:

Markus: That was a smart remark, off the cuff. What I love about that whole run, the whole existence of that, is the sort of single minded desire to retcon everything into continuity, you know? 'But there was five issues in 1950 where he was a jerk!' I know he was a crazed college professor who had plastic surgery, but I think we can honestly say that he will not be making an appearance.

McFeely: You know, there's probably 20 minutes of movie there. There's something interesting about a guy who so desperately want to be [Captain America] and be a tribute...I just don't think it's a whole movie.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
With "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" coming to DVD and Blu-ray, the film's scribes Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely spoke to SFX Magazine about a number of topics related to the movie, the upcoming third film and the future of the franchise.

Markus says he's keen to fit Modok into the script of the third film if they can figure out how to explain a giant, floating head:

"I don't know if there's anybody that we had in the wings that we couldn''t pull off. There are people that I'm always wanting to bring in. I want to put Modok into something, but you can't just drop a giant floating head in! It's not like 'Oh, we have to go talk to this guy – there's something I should tell you about him first…' [laughs]. Suddenly the whole movie needs to take on that structure in order to accommodate him. I never win that fight"

In terms of the third film's tone, they're essentially aiming to replicate the political thriller vibe of the second film:

"When we hit upon the Brubaker run of the comic book, we all said that, with certain exceptions, that's the tone of Cap's modern franchise. And you can imagine that with us back, with the Russos back, then if you like Winter Soldier you'll hopefully like the third one, if we do it right."

Markus also weighed in on the recent change in the comics which sees Sam Wilson aka Falcon, taking on the mantle and legacy of Captain America. Could this happen on film?

"I think the movies can accommodate almost anything, if there's a need. I think there is a much greater need to shake things up in the comics because that's a narrative that's been going on for 60 or 70 years, so you're going to wind up having to do things to it.

Ours has only been off the ground for five or so. So it's not quite time to start changing things up yet. Plus I can't figure out how he's going to have the wings and the shield at the same time. Isn't it going to get all crammed up on the wing? I don't know... When those things happen in the comics you also have a tendency, perhaps cynically, to go 'Yeah, but he's going to be Steve Rogers in two months...' He's going to wake up out of cryo-stasis or whatever it is and it's going to be like 'Oh, I need the shield back'."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:26 am Reply with quote
"Captain America 3" co-director Joe Russo was recently asked what elements from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will be returning for the planned third chapter in the Marvel superhero franchise.

From a crew standpoint, he tells ComicBook.com it's "almost everybody" as he and his brother Anthony love the consistency. In terms of on screen returns though:

"Certainly Captain America will be back. The expectation would be that Bucky will be back and there's certain characters in the Marvel Universe that Cap has a strong connection to but we've also got some tricks up our sleeve for this one an we're hard at work. That's a very crowded summer and there's high expectations so we're all hard at work trying to exceed those expectations and really carve out a big, splashy idea for Captain America 3."

Meanwhile, Cinema Blend asked Russo if there are other members of The Avengers he and co-director Anthony Russo would like to include in a role similar to Black Widow's in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". Russo confirmed they've already got someone set, but adds that they'd love to crossover with characters outside of the Marvel Studios fold:

"That's such a hard question because we've kind of already done that. Do they have to be under contract with Marvel? Maybe they are at another studio. When I started collecting, The Secret Wars was one of the first books I ever bought, so that's always been an obsession of mine to see something of that scale done - a crossover. I don't know if that would ever be possible, with all the different situations at the studios. But I would love to see a lot of characters on screen together."

Talk also turned towards the previous "battle" for the May 6th 2016 release date between "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Captain America 3" which ended with the former moving to March. While fanboys loved to play up the competition, Russo wasn't as adversarial:

"We knew when they announced that it was somewhat of a placeholder, that it was a game of chicken to see if Marvel really had a film that was going to land on that date or not. We knew it was never going to happen. We knew those two films would never stay on that date. So we knew somebody was going to move.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
"Captain America 3" co-directors Joe and Anthony Russo continue teasing the upcoming sequel during promotional rounds for the home video release of 'The Winter Soldier'.

This time, whilst speaking with Collider, they reveal that the threequel's subtitle is set to be revealed shortly:

"It will be soon. Look, sometimes the announcement waits on certain business deals to be completed so we're just kind of waiting on the business end of the issue to sort of settle itself and we'll be ready to announce it. But we're hoping in a month or so at the most."

Joe Russo adds to Cinema Blend that: "I think when people learn the title of Cap 3, they'll understand that Marvel is continuing to take really big swings" indicating it could well take its name from a famed Captain America comic book arc. The success of "Guardians of the Galaxy" is also allowing them as writers to "take more chances, we can be riskier."

Asked if Frank Grillo's Crossbones will return, Joe says: "I mean, listen, we didn't - he's not alive at the end of Winter Solider for no reason, so let's just say that. But, you know, strict Marvel policy of nondisclosure."

Production on the next film is slated to begin in April in Atlanta, Georgia.