GOREZONE Forum Index

<  TV  ~  DEXTER

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41906 Location: Bronx 1990
Last two episodes were terrible!!!!!
Last episode EVER of DEXTER tonight...

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
WTF ?!

What an INSULTING way to finish 8 years of DEXTER. Whoever wrote this needs to go down. This is like spitting in the face of the fans.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Whoever wrote and produced this season of DEXTER had no clue as to who the character was. Didn't they watched the previous seasons? Didn't they read the books it was based on?

What we got here is poor writing and terrible twist of events one episode after another.

Bringing in Dr.Vogel made no sense. Harry brought in the code for Dexter to follow. Having the Vogel character came in this last season and take so much importance was proof of the lack of continuity and logic by the writers. A poor way for them to try to explain things... and it didn't worked.

Again, Dexter actually catches the brain surgeon killer, its clearly A.J. Yates. Yet the writers feel the need to once again give us another lame twist.. now the ever "important" Vogel has a son who is the killer. Lame!

I could go on and on about this. I feel betrayed and totally insulted by the lack of intelligence that was inflicted upon us the viewers.

For years I've been praising DEXTER through friends and my web site, which I have been running for over 15 years. For years I have been praising its acting and writing.

But now we have to believe that Dexter Morgan is some kind of Lumberjack! I can see it now... Showtime presents the new DEXTER series. Typical Hollywood, no brains all money.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
DEXTER to continue: Speaking at a Paley Center event earlier this week to celebrate the series, Showtime entertainment president David Nevins said: "Arguably, Dexter is to Showtime what Spider-Man is to Sony or Batman is to Warner Bros., so I think it's going to be important for us to keep it alive."

Nevins admits the network has been spending a considerable amount of time considering where the franchise could go moving forward: "We spend a lot of time talking about how we keep the show alive, so it may be a more complicated original idea than just a spinoff… I hope that whatever we do will feel both original and in keeping with what people expect out of Dexter."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
DEXTER spin-off: Showtime president David Nevins spoke to journalists at the Television Critics Association panel today. Naturally, good ol' Dexter Morgan came into the discussion; "It's something we continue to talk about. If we were to do it, we would have to have a very good reason to do it. It would have to feel like it's a new show. I'm not interested in doing it if it's just a continuation… There have been some light, ongoing conversations. It hasn't really gone anywhere yet."

Nevins also said the only way it would happen is if Michael C. Hall was on board. "I think if we were to do it, I would only do it if it with Michael."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Michael C. Hall talks about DEXTER finale: In speaking to TV Line, he said that the wrap-up was "narratively satisfying" adding:

"I think the show had lost a certain amount of torque," he added. "Just inherently because of how long we'd done it, because of the storytelling capital we'd spent, because our writers may have been gassed… Maybe some people wanted a more satisfying-maybe they wanted a happy ending for him, either a happy ending or a more definitive sense of closure."

LowercaseE
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Mad Scientist Joined: 09 Nov 2006 Posts: 1357 Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Just started watching this on Netflix. So far, pretty good. Not quite as disturbing as I had heard but still a great story so far.

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Decaying Corpse Joined: 11 Nov 2006 Posts: 266
I'm jealous you get to watch for the first time, I wish I could again! I absolutely love Dexter, brilliant show! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did Beer
LowercaseE
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Ok, I am definitely hooked! Got through the first 3 seasons in the past few days and the show is just amazing! Was kind of sad to see how Doakes ended up, but there wasn't really any other way to take the story without Dexter getting caught. Smits' character in season 3 was interesting too and the 1 up game that he and Dexter had was great. Will start season 4 tonight.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
LowercaseE wrote:
Just started watching this on Netflix. So far, pretty good. Not quite as disturbing as I had heard but still a great story so far.

Awesome! The first few seasons are amazing… then… good luck! Last season is an abomination!

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Arbrick wrote:
I'm jealous you get to watch for the first time, I wish I could again! I absolutely love Dexter, brilliant show! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did Beer

Well said!

Beer

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
LowercaseE wrote:
Ok, I am definitely hooked! Got through the first 3 seasons in the past few days and the show is just amazing! Was kind of sad to see how Doakes ended up, but there wasn't really any other way to take the story without Dexter getting caught. Smits' character in season 3 was interesting too and the 1 up game that he and Dexter had was great. Will start season 4 tonight.

Season 2 was my favourite. Of all seasons, season 4 had the best episode.

Enjoy!

Arbrick
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
Decaying Corpse Joined: 11 Nov 2006 Posts: 266
Season 4 is my favourite. I love it! Actually, I loved all the seasons tbh, even season 8.
LowercaseE
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Just finished season 4, that ending came out of left field. A few episodes into 5 now and still loving it.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
On season 6 now and I'm still enjoying the show though it's fairly predictable and it's getting harder to suspend disbelief that he hasn't gotten caught yet. Nonetheless, entertaining and well executed. The "2 horsemen" and crucified angel were quite fascinating and inventive.