GOREZONE Forum Index

<  Area 51  ~  HARRY POTTER Discussion thread

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 42147 Location: Bronx 1990
IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that select scenes of the IMAX DMR® version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be digitally converted into An IMAX 3D Experience®. IMAX Corporation plans to use its proprietary 2D to 3D conversion technology to transform approximately 20 minutes at the end of the film - which is being digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® using IMAX DMR (Digital Re-Mastering) technology - into IMAX® 3D. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in IMAX® theatres and conventional theatres on July 13, 2007, and Warner Bros. Pictures will be the exclusive distributor of the film to IMAX theatres worldwide.

The film is based on the best-selling J.K. Rowling book and is the fifth installment of the widely successful "Harry Potter" film series. The previous installment of the series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which opened on November 18, 2005, shattered numerous IMAX 2D box office records at the time and has grossed more than $20 million in IMAX theatres worldwide.

"We are so pleased to be bringing audiences yet another outstanding 'Harry Potter' film to the big screen in both 35mm and IMAX theaters," said Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. "This is the studio's biggest franchise to date, and we expect this highly-anticipated fifth film to play phenomenally well in all theaters throughout the summer."

"The 'Harry Potter' films are an enormous draw all over the world, and this film should prove to be no different," added Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, President of Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures International. "The last 20 minutes in IMAX 3D will add a new element of excitement to the Harry Potter experience, making this a must-see for fans of all ages. We're looking forward to a long and very successful run."

"We couldn't be happier to help bring this Harry Potter film to life in a new way," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "IMAX theatres are the only place to experience this year's most anticipated movies in the world's most immersive format, and we anticipate that moviegoers will want to enjoy 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' featuring scenes in IMAX 3D more than once."

"We are delighted to once again work with David Heyman and the Harry Potter team, and Warner Bros. Pictures on another memorable Harry Potter movie," added Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "We know that through the magic of IMAX, fans will already feel as is if they are right next to Harry, Ron and Hermione in IMAX's larger-than-life 2D format, and we are thrilled to treat them to an even more immersive experience with the finale of the film brought to you in IMAX 3D."

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
More information on those "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" casting rumours from the other day are up at Movievine.
http://www.movievine.com/casting/article00600.shtml

Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
New poster
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/03/overseas-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-movie-posters/#more-2377%20

David Yates, director of the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," confirmed to Sci-Fi Wire that he will return to the director's chair for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," the sixth film in the blockbuster franchise.

Yates is best known for his work on the acclaimed U.K. miniseries "State of Play" (about to be remade as a Brad Pitt movie) and TV movie "The Girl in the Cafe".

He is currently completing 'Phoenix', based on J.K. Rowling's fifth Potter book, and had been rumored to be attached to 'Prince' which is already in pre-production.

"I am doing Half-Blood Prince, and I'm doing it because I love the world, I love the characters, I think I have more business with this world and these characters" said Yates.

So why do it? "I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film, and I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it."

Yates would become only the second director to helm more than one Potter film, after Chris Columbus, who directed the first two.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Warner Bros. Pictures is scouting locations for the upcoming sixth 'Potter' film "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" in Scotland reports newspaper Scotland on Sunday.

The scenes are expected to be the cliff scenes leading to the cave that Harry & Dumbledore memorably visit towards the story's climax.

Meanwhile the BBFC reports that the soon to be released fifth film "of Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix" will have a running time of 138 minutes - the shortest of the films so far despite being based on the longest of the books.

To give you an idea of comparison - both 'Stone' and 'Azkaban' were 142 mins, 'Goblet of Fire' was 157 mins and 'Chamber' was 161mins.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quote
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" has officially been moved up two days to a Wednesday July 11th, 2007 release.

Regular scooper 'Zephyr says "There could be a number of reasons why: to gain the upper-hand on the preceding tentpole Transformers and two extra days to push it up to $300 million. Warner Bros. may want to give it extra space from the release of the final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" coming out on the 21st of July. However, the hope for a $100M+ three day weeekend opening is probably out of sight now."

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
TOMORROW!

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" set a new industry record for a Wednesday opening with $44.2 million (previous record was $40.4 million in 2004). This gross includes the film's $12 million take from midnight shows, also an industry record.

The film also stormed the international box office, taking in an estimated $29.2 million for Wednesday from 29 countries. The film garnered the biggest industry opening day in both Holland and Belgium, and the second-highest opening in France, Italy and Brazil.

Additionally it had the biggest opening for the "Harry Potter" franchise in 22 countries, including France, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Australia, Korea and Brazil. The international figure does not include the U.K. and Mexico, both of which opened the film today, and Japan, which goes into sneaks on Saturday.

On the IMAX front it also shattered industry records, becoming the biggest IMAX opening with $1.9 million on 90 North American screens, which includes a record-breaking midnight show of $450,000. The film will open on 126 IMAX screens worldwide - 91 of those in the US, with many featuring the final scenes of the film in IMAX 3D - more than any previous release.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
The fifth film in the magical series, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," cast a spell on the world box-office this week.

In the US, it took in a $77.4 million opening weekend. Combined with near that amount again on its first two days of business on Wednesday and Thursday, the film tallied up a whopping $140 million in its first five days of business.

It is the biggest five-day gross the franchise has seen, and the second biggest all-time, five-day Wednesday opener behind only 2002's "Spider-Man." It's opening day haul of $44.2M was the best Wednesday opening of all time.

The studio estimates it will also score the biggest first full week for a 'Potter' film - 'Goblet of Fire' took in $146M in its first full week of business, 'Phoenix' is expected to do $162M by the end of Tuesday.

"Phoenix" also smashed records overseas, taking in an estimated $190.3 million overseas from 44 territories, and bringing its worldwide cume to $330.3 million.

chris1
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Flesh Eating Zombie Joined: 19 May 2007 Posts: 990
Jesus fucking Christ, this has got to be one of the most boring movies I've seen lately. I was literally falling asleep in the theater. the only reason to watch this is the last 20 minutes, and Helena Boncham Carter.

And before anybody says anything, yes, I am a fan of the (book) series and have enjoyed the movies for what they are.
Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
chris1 wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ, this has got to be one of the most boring movies I've seen lately. I was literally falling asleep in the theater. the only reason to watch this is the last 20 minutes, and Helena Boncham Carter.

And before anybody says anything, yes, I am a fan of the (book) series and have enjoyed the movies for what they are.

Damn! And I'm about to see this tonight!

chris1
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:20 am Reply with quote
Flesh Eating Zombie Joined: 19 May 2007 Posts: 990
Did you like it ARC? I know a lot of people who loved it.

Maybe I need to see it again.
LordHoover666
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 1662
I thought it was wayyyyy better than the last Harry Pothead film, which I found unbearable.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
chris1 wrote:
Did you like it ARC? I know a lot of people who loved it.

Maybe I need to see it again.

Sorry but I didnt see it yet...

Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Casting has been completed on the much-anticipated sixth installment of the Warner Bros. Pictures "Harry Potter" film franchise, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

As previously reported, Jim Broadbent has been set to play Potions Professor Horace Slughorn, Helen McCrory will play Narcissa Malfoy, and Jessie Cave is Ron Weasley's love-interest Lavender Brown. Joining them will be Hero Fiennes Tiffin as Tom Riddle at age 11, and Frank Dillane as the teenage Riddle.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, David Bradley, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Tom Felton, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Natalia Tena, Julie Walters, David Thewlis, Evanna Lynch, Matthew Lewis and Bonnie Wright are all set to reprise their roles.

Finally, two-time Oscar nominee Bruno Delbonnel ("A Very Long Engagement," "Amelie") will serve as the director of photography, marking his first Harry Potter film.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
"Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling has hinted for the first time that she could write an eighth book in the series reports The BBC.

In an interview with Time Magazine she says "There have been times since finishing, weak moments, when I've said 'Yeah, all right' to the eighth novel. If - and it's a big if - I ever write an eighth book, I doubt that Harry would be the central character. I feel I've already told his story. But these are big ifs. Let's give it ten years."

She has admitted that one of her biggest fans - her 14-year-old daughter Jessica - has already put pressure on her to revisit the character. Rowling finished penning the seventh book in the series - "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows" - last January.