GOREZONE Forum Index
Author Message

<  Area 51  ~  STAR WARS Thread

Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Entertainment Weekly reports Star Wars will stay a December concern for at least one more film as Star Wars: Episode VIII shifts from its original May 26th, 2017 to Dec. 15th, 2017.

Star Wars films traditionally opened in May, leading to the annual “May the Fourth” fan events. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was itself originally planned to continue the tradition before development delayed the start of production. The next film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is slated for a December 16th release later this year.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will open on May 26th slot. They also suggest the move was made to keep the Holiday momentum following the success of The Force Awakens. Currently, Episode IX and the untitled Han Solo film are still a slotted for May releases.

Directed by Rian Johnson, the film was expected to go into production later this month.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Disney's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" bounced back to second with a further $14.3 million in the U.S. and $23.3 million internationally, bringing its global total to $1.94 billion. Earlier in the week the film passed "Jurassic World" to be the third highest-grossing film around the world - shy of only James Cameron's "Titanic" ($2.19B) and "Avatar" ($2.79B). The film is unlikely to pass those milestones at this point.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
The massive success of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has had some not unexpected consequences, and not just the delay of the next film in the series by seven months.

TV Line reports that the long-gestating live-action hour-long drama TV series "Star Wars: Underworld," developed by George Lucas himself, will not be seeing the light of day anytime soon despite murmurings of a potential resurrection last month.

Speaking with the outlet, ABC network president Paul Lee was asked if the Disney-owned ABC network might prove to be a home for a potential "Star Wars" series. Lee says Lucasfilm and Disney are "they arefocused on their movies so we don't have any plans at the moment." A Lucasfilm rep then told the site: "Our current focus for TV is on animation [Star Wars Rebels, etc.]."

Dubbed "Deadwood in space," the "Star Wars: Underworld" was said to focus on two families and their battle for control for the universe's seamy side between the eras of the prequel and classic trilogy. Around fifty scripts were reportedly written for the work, but it and other projects like the video game title "Star Wars 1313" went belly up when Disney purchased Lucasfilm.

J.J. Abrams who says he couldn't be involved even if he wanted to: "Since my TV deal is at [Warner Bros.] it is unlikely that [my production company] Bad Robot will be involved in any Star Wars television projects." they also contacted a source who says the decision not to do a live-action "Star Wars" series anytime soon is a smart brand management strategy: "They're looking to avoid the Marvel-ization of the franchise" they say, referring to the many live-action series and films from that universe.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
When the Star Wars Expanded Universe lost its (complicated) canon status following the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney, it took with it a number of beloved characters from the tidal wave of comics, games and novels. People like Darth Revan and Mara Jade seemingly disappeared in a blink. Or disappeared in as much as the official history of the Star Wars Galaxy and it’s new post-Return of the Jedi status quo.

But according to Making Star Wars, one major Expanded Universe character may be making a return in the third season of Star Wars Rebels. The following, if true, could be a spoiler, so proceed with caution.

.

.

.

The site reports Grand Admiral Thrawn, the chief antagonist of Timothy Zahn‘s three book cycle which opened the post-Jedi universe, may resurface and use “his evil brand of genius against the the heroes of the starship Ghost.” Of course, it’s all rumor at this point, but Thrawn certainly fits the mold of Imperial threats the Rebels have faced on the series thus far.

Though the mountain of Expanded Universe material is no longer recognized as canon, individual projects are welcome to pick and choose ideas and characters. Thrawn, should he reappear, is an excellent test case in restoring characters in new situations.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Though Captain Phasma appeared in only a handful of scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the character was always slated for more in the subsequent episode of the Star Wars saga. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said as much shortly before the film’s release last month, calling her “an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word.”

And now, actress Gwendoline Christie has confirmed she will indeed be returning. While chatting with People Magazine at the Screen Actors Guild Awards yesterday evening, Christie said, “I will be in the next Star Wars movie.”

“I felt it encouraged diversity and it was doing something new and it was an interesting bit of casting for women,” she said of the character, originally intended for a male actor. “I hope that in something that was such a mainstream success it would breed more of those kind of opportunities for other women.”

She, along with actors Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Issac return for the next adventure in Star Wars: Episode VIII on December 15th, 2017.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
If J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson can do it, why not Colin Trevorrow?

The "Jurassic World" filmmaker is in the early stages of planning the ninth episodic installment of the "Star Wars" film franchise which will premiere in 2019.

Appearing on a panel alongside Christopher Nolan and Rachel Morrison at the Sundance Film Festival this past week, Trevorrow explained (via Heat Vision why he believes that period films should be shot on film and not digitally:

"The only place where I tend to not be able to attach myself entirely to something shot digitally is when it's a period film. There's something in my brain that goes, 'Well, they didn't have video cameras then'. Film tends to remind us of our memories, of our childhoods, the way we used to see films."

During the panel he confirmed he wants to shoot "Star Wars: Episode IX" on film, not digital, for the reasons he outlined above:

"[It] gets back to my issue of shooting digital for period films. I could never shoot Star Wars on anything but [film] because it's a period film: It happened a long time ago!"

He also mentioned that he's looking into shooting some background plates in actual outer space, in the process seemingly confirming Episode IX will also sport some IMAX photography:

"I asked the question, 'Is it possible for us to shoot IMAX film plates in actual space for Star Wars, and I haven't gotten an answer yet, but they've shot IMAX in space!"

The comments follow on from a week of small but interesting little "Star Wars" tidbits. ET Online revealed that not just Lin-Manuel Miranda but J.J. Abrams himself is singing in the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" scene where Han Solo, Rey, and Finn enter Maz Kanata's cantina for the first time.

Later in the sequence, during the stormtrooper assault, it has been revealed that filmmaker Kevin Smith is the one who says the line: "We have incoming at 28.6! Move!."

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
If J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson can do it, why not Colin Trevorrow?

The "Jurassic World" filmmaker is in the early stages of planning the ninth episodic installment of the "Star Wars" film franchise which will premiere in 2019.

Appearing on a panel alongside Christopher Nolan and Rachel Morrison at the Sundance Film Festival this past week, Trevorrow explained (via Heat Vision why he believes that period films should be shot on film and not digitally:

"The only place where I tend to not be able to attach myself entirely to something shot digitally is when it's a period film. There's something in my brain that goes, 'Well, they didn't have video cameras then'. Film tends to remind us of our memories, of our childhoods, the way we used to see films."

During the panel he confirmed he wants to shoot "Star Wars: Episode IX" on film, not digital, for the reasons he outlined above:

"[It] gets back to my issue of shooting digital for period films. I could never shoot Star Wars on anything but [film] because it's a period film: It happened a long time ago!"

He also mentioned that he's looking into shooting some background plates in actual outer space, in the process seemingly confirming Episode IX will also sport some IMAX photography:

"I asked the question, 'Is it possible for us to shoot IMAX film plates in actual space for Star Wars, and I haven't gotten an answer yet, but they've shot IMAX in space!"

The comments follow on from a week of small but interesting little "Star Wars" tidbits. ET Online revealed that not just Lin-Manuel Miranda but J.J. Abrams himself is singing in the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" scene where Han Solo, Rey, and Finn enter Maz Kanata's cantina for the first time.

Later in the sequence, during the stormtrooper assault, it has been revealed that filmmaker Kevin Smith is the one who says the line: "We have incoming at 28.6! Move!."

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Disney CEO Bob Iger has announced that filming on Rian Johnson's "Star Wars: Episode VIII" has just begun and the first stage of pre-production on Colin Trevorrow's "Star Wars: Episode IX" is now underway.

Speaking to EW during an earnings call for the studio, IGer also re-affirmed that the young Han Solo spin-off film is still on course for a May 2018 release - the only one of the currently announced Disney "Star Wars" films not said to be targeting a December release at the moment.

"There is no better way to propel this franchise into the future than producing quality products" claims Iger who was said to be very hands-on with the production of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" to a level which even he has previously indicated was unusual.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Literally picking up from the end of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney and Lucasfilm have released a teaser announcing work has begun on Star Wars: Episode VIII.

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-rumored addition of Benicio del Toro to the Episode VIII cast. Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran also have joined the Rian Johnson-helmed project with Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis all returning to their Force Awakens roles. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher also return as Luke Skywalker and General Leia Organa.

The next chapter in the main Star Wars saga opens on December 15th, 2017.

http://youtu.be/GQQMLE4FuIQ

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Actress Daisy Ridley was on the red carpet at the Oscars last night and had a brief chat with MTV about how production on "Star Wars: Episode VIII" is progressing.

Two weeks ago came word that filming on the next direct chapter in the franchise had begun with Rian Johnson directing a scene involving Ridley's and Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker - essentially looking like it kicks off right where "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" ended. Ridley pretty much confirmed that to the outlet, saying:

"Me and Mark [Hamill] have been rehearsing a lot, and it's really amazing. When we went back to Skellig [Michael Island] to do the opening of VIII, it was so crazy doing the same scene with a different crew of people. He's amazing to rehearse with, and I'm very excited to be doing the rest of the stuff... It's such a good story. Seriously. Luke is so cool in this one. Really."

Due to the environmental and safety issues, parts of Skellig Michael have reportedly been recreated at Pinewood Studios to cut down on the extensive shooting the script calls for on-location. Filming on the second of this new trilogy of films is now preparing to take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia where helmer Rian Johnson and his team are planning to shoot on city streets.

"Star Wars: Episode VIII" is scheduled to open on December 15th 2017.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Disney has announced that J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will be available for digital download on April 1st, followed by the DVD and Blu-ray release on April 5th. There's even a trailer which you can see below.

The announcement comes as the studio is winding down the film's box-office run with $2.049 billion earned across the worldwide box office - ranking it as the No. 3 film of all time.

https://youtu.be/rVzbyDq3QSY

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
When the original STAR WARS (1977, and later renamed EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE) and EMPIRE STRIEK BACK were created, Leia was NOT Luke sister. George Lucas plan was to introduce the sister in EPISODE VII. Lucas came up with that "twist" when working on REVENGE OF THE JEDI (later renamed RETURN OF THE JEDI).

In the same aspect, during the original film Darth Vader was NOT Luke father. Times and times again during rewrites, Lucas tried to have Luke's father in the story but it didnt worked out. While rewriting the sequel, he came up with the twist of Vader as Luke's father... hence why Obi Wan's speech to Luke about his father in the original film didn't worked out and their poorly tried to explained it in RETURN OF THE JEDI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTieVIqNmBA

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
STAR WARS ROGUE ONE
Teaser Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

aka STAR WARS ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
In the wake of the report earlier this morning that Disney's "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" is undergoing some major reshoots, further details about this additional photography have come to light.

Heat Vision and Deadline have both incorporated more detail into the original NY Post report. Both confirm that yes, the four weeks of reshoots are definitely happening but there was no 'test screening' as the original report suggested. The film WAS screened for the studio though. Their source says:

"The move is happening after execs screened the movie and felt it was tonally off with what a 'classic' Star Wars movie should feel like. The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the ten minutes before that classic films begins. You have to match the tone... while [director Gareth] Edwards' first cut was a solid showing, it didn't measure up to the bar set in terms of four-quadrant appeal. Anything less than extraordinary won't do."

These days, most major films schedule reshoots into the post-production schedule for tweaks and changes, but the original report was right in that there is a larger issue here which is going to take additional work to fix.

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" opens December 16th.

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Arc-Vile
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41300 Location: Bronx 1990
Execs asking for reshoots...

_________________
Webmaster
GOREZONE
Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 20 of 21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum