GOREZONE Forum Index

<  Cinema  ~  THE PURGE 4

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 08 Nov 2006 Posts: 41020 Location: Bronx 1990
Director/writer James DeMonaco recently spoke to CinemaBlend about how they could do it, and as you might have guessed, it's prequel territory. While he said he doesn't want to direct the next film, he says he would like to produce and or write it, and here is the angle he wants to take:

I don't think I'll direct it. I would actually go back and I would try to talk about how it all started. That seems the natural next chapter in this, is to say, 'Alright, we've done this trilogy. We see how it got to this point of someone trying to end it this presidential figure. Now let's go back and see how the fuck all this came about.' How did this country get to a place where we were now accepting this kind of atrocity, this terrible thing, each year? I think there's something interesting in that. I don't think I'll direct, between you and I. You can print that, I mean. I'm thinking of maybe writing or at least producing it, to make sure it stays true to what I like about the movies.

Your #1 source for bloody daily horror news since 1998.
http://www.gorezone.net
Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 am Reply with quote
UNTITLED NEXT PURGE CHAPTER: Universal Pictures announced that UNTITLED NEXT PURGE CHAPTER will be released on Wednesday, July 4, 2018. On Independence Day, 2018, experience the next terrifying chapter in our country's 12 hours of annual lawlessness. (thanks to ComingSoon.net)

** THE CONJURING spin-off THE NUN: New Line Cinema has set a July 13, 2018 release date for THE CONJURING spin-off THE NUN. Written by Gary Dauberman and James Wan, and produced by Wan and Peter Safran, THE NUN will be the second THE CONJURING spinoff after ANNABELLE, which itself has a sequel coming on August 11, 2017. THE CONJURING films and ANNABELLE have already earned a combined $895 million worldwide. Costing just $20 million to make, THE CONJURING earned $318 million worldwide in 2013. The sequel, made for $40 million, grossed $320 million globally. ANNABELLE, which cost less than $7 million, earned $257 million in 2014.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:09 am Reply with quote
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Universal Pictures has found a director in Gerard McMurray, who helmed the Sundance favorite hazing drama BURNING SANDS that debuted on Netflix in March. Titled THE PURGE THE ISLAND, the fourth installment will be released on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.

Arc-Vile
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
Series creator James DeMonaco who has officially confirmed that the upcoming fourth entry will be titled THE PURGE THE ISLAND and will serve as a prequel. Speaking with the Vulture web site about the film, which he's not directing this time as Gerard McMurray will take over the reigns, he also explained something of the storyline which will be set on the very first 'Purge' night which takes place on Staten Island:

"I said it's the first experimental Purge, which I don't know if I was supposed to say, but now I've said it, so you have it. Next July 4, it'll be coming."

He also confirms the film will answer one obvious question why in the world don't people just leave the cities during the annual night of government sanctioned crime. He says a big reason is a financial incentive:

"I was wondering how you get people to stay for the first Purge, and what they do is they start monetizing it. People from Staten Island can easily go to Brooklyn for the evening, so what they do is start promising very decent sums of money for the very poor people in the neighborhood. It becomes a monetization of murder and violence, incentivizing killing and keeping people around for them to be victims. So you see the inception of how grotesque the idea of the Purge is, and the manipulation upon the society."