** TRAIN TO BUSAN sequel: The hit zombie film, which scored critical acclaim and grossed just under $100 million worldwide from an $8.5 million budget is getting a sequel. Over a year ago the film's director Yeon Sang-ho confirmed a sequel was in the works and now The West News web site reports that Yeon is targeting a Summer 2020 release for the film.
Titled BANDO (translation: PENINSULA), the story will take place four years after the major outbreak and the action follows a group of survivors and their fight to escape the infected land. It's expected none of the actors from the first film will return. The project is separate from the James Wan-produced English language remake also currently in the works. (thanks to DarkHorizons.com)
** FROM A BUICK 8: Actor Thomas Jane and producer Courtney Lauren Penn have formed the production company Renegade Entertainment and are planning a film adaptation of the 2002 Stephen King novel FROM A BUICK 8 as their first project. King will also produce.
The story centers around the rural town of Statler, Pennsylvania where the state police have kept a mysterious 1954 Buick Roadmaster in the shed behind the barracks for over twenty years. When the town is plagued by strange and supernatural events, it turns out the Buick isn't what it seems to be.
The late George A. Romero was once developing an adaptation of the property for Hyde Park Entertainment. This will mark the fourth King film involving Jane who appeared in film takes on. (thanks to DarkHorizons.com)
** THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETARY: The outrageous Italian shocker from The Godfather of Gore, Lucio Fulci is coming to Blu-ray as a 3-Disc Limited Edition 4K Restoration on January 21st.
A young family moves from their cramped New York City apartment to a spacious new home in New England. But this is no ordinary house in the country: the previous owner was the deranged Dr. Freudstein, whose monstrous human experiments have left a legacy of bloody mayhem. Now, someone - or something - is alive in the basement, and home sweet home is about to become a horrific hell on earth.
Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
- Deleted Scene
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Poster & Still Galleries
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Meet the Boyles - Interviews with Stars Catriona MacColl and Paolo Malco
- Children of the Night - Interviews with Stars Giovanni Frezza and Silvia Collatina
- Tales of Laura Gittleson - Interview with Star Dagmar Lassander
- My Time With Terror - Interview with Star Carlo De Mejo
- A Haunted House Story - Interviews with Co-Writers Dardano Sacchetti and Elisa Briganti
- To Build a Better Death Trap - Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati, Special Make-Up - Effects Artist Maurizio Trani, Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi, and Actor Giovanni De Nava
- NEW!House Quake - Interview with Co-Writer Giorgio Mariuzzo
- NEW! Catriona MacColl Q&A
- NEW! Calling Dr. Freudstein - Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
Disc 3 (CD):
- THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Walter Rizzati
- BONUS! Collectable Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
----- December 4, 2019 -----
** IN FABRIC: A lonely woman (Marianne Jean-Baptiste), recently separated from her husband, visits a bewitching London department store in search of a dress that will transform her life. She's fitted with a perfectly flattering, artery-red gown—which, in time, will come to unleash a malevolent curse and unstoppable evil, threatening everyone who comes into its path.
** THE GRUDGE: In one month, experience real horror.
** FAMINE: For the first time on Blu-ray in the US: releases 12/17/19! Two years after a high-school prank that nearly killed popular teacher, Mr. Balszack, the graduating class tries to forget the incident and decides to hold a 24-hour "famine". It isn't long before students and staff start turning up dead at the hands of a killer masquerading as the school's mascot.